Office Suite Standard is an integrated collection of Microsoft applications designed to seamlessly work together to optimize your day-to-day work. Office Standard includes the following programs:
- Excel: A spreadsheet application with data analysis and visualization tools
- OneNote: A note-taking application that allows various types of content to be shared among team members.
- Outlook: A time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- PowerPoint: A presentation graphics program with capabilities for text effects, sound, and animation.
- Publisher: A desktop publishing program that allows people with basic design skills to create a wide variety of publications.
- Word: A full-featured word-processing program.
All desktop applications in Office Standard are the full-featured programs, which means each program (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) comes fully equipped with the advanced features that are omitted in Office Online (more on this later).Although the latest version of Office Standard is desktop-based, it is tightly integrated with OneDrive, Microsoft’s cloud-based file-hosting service. This means you can start working on a document on one device (such as your work PC) and continue where you left off on another device (like your tablet at home) that has Office installed on it, provided that you sync up your files to OneDrive. This also allows for real-time editing, (e.g., save a document to OneDrive and invite your colleagues to join you in a simultaneous authoring session).